If you are already part of the WILD Network through your registration for a qualifying event, you are warmly invited to apply to receive six months of pro-bono leadership coaching around your most pressing organizational, team and professional challenges.
Up to 30 professional leadership coaches will be paired with participants.
Applications welcome from people anywhere around the globe. Fluent English required.
Successful Applicants Will Receive the Following
Coaching Package at No Cost
Initial 90-minute meeting to identify key issues and establish coaching guidelines and focus
6 months Live Coaching
6 months of coaching appointments. 50 minutes each, one to two times per month (~10 sessions)
Wrap Up Meeting
Final 60-minute wrap up meeting to summarize accomplishments and agree on strategies going forward.
- Applications due: March 20
- Notification to successful applicants: by April 4
- Applicants complete pre-survey: April 13
- Welcome Webinar: week of April 19
- Matching notification: April 22
- 10 x 1:1 confidential coaching sessions: May to October 2022
WHAT ARE THE CRITERIA FOR APPLICANTS?
- Be a paid registered participant of the Women in Global Development Leadership Forum or another qualifying WILD program or course.
- Are willing to participate in the research project running alongside this initiative.
- Work in the Global Development or Humanitarian Development Sectors
APPLICANT INVESTMENT AND COMMITMENT:
Applicants selected for coaching are expected to do the following to gain full value from the effort.
- Are ready to make personal leadership coaching a priority. Will show up to scheduled coaching sessions on time, ready to work and are open to making behavioral changes in their professional and personal lives.
- Attend every session, fully present, free of other distractions, and prepared to participate and engage with their coach.
- Follow through to the best of their ability on agreed decisions and action steps, and report progress on those actions.
ACTION RESEARCH PROJECT PARTICIPATION:
- Provide information on the organization's goals and objectives, personal concerns and constraints, and areas of focus for coaching.
- Work with the coach to share or craft impact measures related to the specific constraints and areas of focus, for the purpose of measuring the coaching impact.
- Note: All information shared publicly is anonymized.
What is Coaching?
This five minute video explains what coaching is (and isn't). We encourage you to watch it before applying.
In partnership with EthicalCoach, WILD is pleased to offer this opportunity as part of our mission to support women leaders to scale the impact of their work, and to thrive.
EthicalCoach is a bridge between world-class coaches and nonprofit organizations. Delivering resources and tools that build leadership capacity within nonprofits, enabling them to increase their impact and serve more people in need. Recognizing that these global challenges affect us all, EthicalCoach reaches around the world to engage coaches and non-profit, social impact and other related organizations.
WILD and EthicalCoach believe that leadership coaching is a key component for global development professionals to achieve their ambitious career goals, and have the greatest social impact, all without burning out. We’re on a mission to put data behind that belief so we can all have an even greater positive impact in the world.Download the EthicalCoach x WILD Network Impact Report